A diet which is rich in all the nutrient elements including iron, calcium, vitamins, fibre, and protein and other elements, is one people are looking for to maintain a healthy diet resulting in maintained and fit body. Alongside exercise and other physical activity, taking a healthy life is also crucial if you aim to lose weight, make your body fit or re-shaping your body to gain weight. While talking about options which are rich in protein content, most of the people believe that only non-vegetarians can have a diet rich in protein source. But this can be considered as a Myth now.
There are a number of vegetarian options which are considered as a healthy source of protein, providing you all the protein content that non-vegetarian sources do provide. Here is the list of some of those options:
- Nuts: Almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins, and other options, are highly rich in protein, which increase the energy level in the body and also increase the metabolism of the person. Including nuts in the everyday diet is one of the best sources of protein.
- Seeds: Sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein one can add into its diet.
- Dairy Products: Highly rich in protein, the dairy product is the best option for a vegetarian diet. Including dairy products like milk, cheese, ghee, paneer, curd, and other products which bring high protein content to the body.
- Soy: Soybean, soymilk and other soy products are also considered a good source of protein. People who do heavy workout are recommended to take soy in their diet because they are rich in protein.
- Beans and legumes: Green vegetables including beans and legumes provide high protein to the body.
- Grain: Grains such as rice, millets, buckwheat, oats, sorghum are also loaded with protein. These are generally consumed sources of protein by the vegetarians.