Breakfast is considered as one of the most important meals of the day. In the past, some studies suggested that eating breakfast might help promote weight loss while skipping a morning meal might lead to weight gain. Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day. It also gives you the energy you need to get things done. Many studies have linked eating breakfast to good health, including better memory and concentration, lower levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, and lower chances of getting diabetes, heart disease, and being overweight.
Dalia, poha, upma, oats, muesli, idli, smoothie are some of the easy-to-prepare and nutrition loaded breakfast options. But there are these two berries that will make your breakfast even more nutritious and will keep you full the entire day. Some readily available fruits come handy and can make your regular meals even more nutritious and weight-loss-friendly.
Berries to add in your breakfast:
Adding strawberries and mulberries (shehtoot in Hindi) to your breakfast is one of the best bets to make your breakfast weight-loss friendly. You can use these two berries in your smoothie, oats, dalia, or cereal bowl. They gave you the constant supply of nutrition in your body. Strawberries and mulberries add taste and are full of soluble fibres and dietary fibres that helo to boost the body’s digestive system.
Benefits of Mulberries:
- Mulberries help in strengthing the digestive tract and can ease constipation and bloating.
- Mulberries can be used as a substitute for sugar as they are sweet.
- Mulberries help in reducing cholesterol, it improves blood sugar level and lowers the risk of cancer.
- Mulberries also help treat obesity.
- Mulberries improve blood flow through the body, control blood pressure, and cleanse the blood.
Benefits of Strawberries:
- Strawberries make your heart healthy, improve your digestion, and is the only fruit to have a small amount of omega 3 fatty acid.
- Strawberries tend to lose their nutrition after they are picked quickly, so it’s best to consume strawberries soon after they are picked.
- Strawberries are a rich source of phenolic antioxidants that can help: reverse inflammation.
- Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C, 3 gram of fibre, and some calcium, magnesium, and potassium.