As we all know that tomorrow (January 26) is Republic Day. On this day, Australia day is also celebrated by the Australian people. It is a pubic holiday. On this day, the general population, Schools, colleges, and offices are mostly closed. The day is celebrated on January 26 every year. People have a holiday on this day. The people celebrates this day by watching their favorite sports events and other shows. On this day, people play lots of sports games. People also go outdoors and celebrate this day. All the Australians celebrate this day by doing their favorite things.
Australia day is celebrated in different ways in different places of Australia. Like, Sydney celebrated this day by organizing many races, for example – a boat race, a ferry race, the tall ship races, and so on. Australian Citizenship Ceremonies are also held on this day. These ceremonies are for those migrants who have been granted citizenship to the country. At these ceremonies, the country has a festive environment. Public transports are also close on this day. Stores and shops are open but only for few hours. The people of Australia celebrate the day with full of cheerfulness and joy.
This event indicates the founding of the colony of New South Wales. This day spotted the landing of the First Fleet, a convoy of 11 ships carrying convict at Port Jackson in January of 1788. On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the founding of the colony. New South Wales’s Government decided to give all government employees a holiday. January 26 was known as Australia Day in all states except New South Wales. New South Wales still called this day, Anniversary day.
Quotes for Australia Day
- In Australia, not reading poetry is the national pastime.
- I’d like to be seen as an average Australian bloke. I can’t think of… I can’t think of a nobler description of anybody than to be called an average Australian bloke.
- Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
Charles M. Schulz
- My point was that the war was intrinsically wrong, and as a result of our participation, we haven’t improved Australia’s security but created a greater danger at home and abroad.
- I definitely love Australia. I’ve been to Sydney and Melbourne a couple of times, and I love those places.
- It’s definitely different in the States. Americans are many different people compared to us. We’re much more laid back. I itch to get back to Australia every summer because it’s so fast paced there and so stressful.
- The greatest and proudest moment of my life standing on the podium receiving the silver medal on behalf of myself and Australia.
- Australia is an absolutely fantastic country, but the only thing we lack is the ability to work harder.
January 26 was known as Australia Day in all states and territories from 1946 and In 1994, Australia Day is granted as a Public holiday throughout the country. In 2013, the Australian Flag and Aboriginal Flag were hoisted on the Sydney Harbour Bridge on Australia Day. For More Updates Stay Tuned With Us at Uptobrain.com.