Today we are talking about the holy day of Sikhs named Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti. The day is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj, the 10th Guru of the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh was the tenth Guru of Sikhism who was born in Patna. He was the great Guru of Sikhs, he always carried out the works of righteousness in his life, and through his lifestyle set a great example for other people who deserved great praise. We would like to tell you that according to the Gregorian calendar, this holy birth anniversary is celebrated every year in December or January. However, the annual celebration of Guru Jayanti is according to the Nanakshahi calendar which will be celebrated on January 20th this year.
All the devotees on this occasion gather together and do prayers some of them also become part of the big procession. All the devotees sing the devotional song and share food with every kind of person. During the way, they stop the procession at Gurudwaras, it is their place of worship where they offer special prayers.
The five ‘K’s was introduced by Guru Gobind Singh that Shikhs follows:
- Kesh: Uncut hair
- Kangha: a wooden comb
- Kara: an iron or steel bracelet worn on the wrist
- Kirpan: a sword
- Kacchera: short breeches
It is one of the auspicious occasions celebrated by the Sikh community but at the present, every kind of person doesn’t matter from which religion they belong to becomes part of this festival. They enjoyed with soul and body. CHildren’s love to join the large procession of Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti. Through this post, we will let you discover some of the best quotes and images related to “Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti”
1. “I came into the world charged with the duty to uphold the right in every place, to destroy sin and evil… the only reason I took birth was to see that righteousness may flourish, that good may live, and tyrants are torn out by their roots.”
2. “Fruitful is the entire life of those, who feel hunger for the Name of the Lord in their minds.”
3. “It is nearly impossible to be here now when you think there is somewhere else to be.”
4. “He alone is a man who keeps his word; not that he has one thing in the heart, and another on the tongue.”
5. “Egotism is such a terrible disease, he dies, to be reincarnated he continues coming and going.”
Guru Gobind Singh as a poet and writer was declared the holy scripture of Guru Granth Sahib as a permanent Guru of the Sikhs but unfortunately, he died in 1807.