Calgary Stampede Parade Route 2022: Map, Road Closures: There is going to be a parade today that is 8th of July that will be led by this year’s Marshal Kevin Costner which can turn into a difficult situation as there will be a lot of spectators that will be on bikes or maybe on public transport so that they can reach the downtown. This can cause a big crowd and there might even be a situation of stampede surfacing in that parade. There is a lot of stuff you need to know in order to avoid inconvenience on that day. Follow More Updates On UptoBrain.com
Calgary Stampede Parade Route 2022
The parade is set to start at 9 am on July 8 alongside 9th avenue at 3rd street SE and they are expected to get to the mid-point that will be right in the center of the 10th street SW by 11 am. This is why we have brought you some routes that can help you to avoid trouble and you can travel easier amidst the parade. The road that is said to be closed for set up by 6 am are:
- Sixth Avenue S.E. between Third Street S.E. and Fifth Street S.E.
- Seventh Avenue S.E. between Fourth Street S.E. and Sixth Street S.E.
- Eighth Avenue S.E. between Fourth Street S.E. and Sixth Street S.E.
- Sixth Street S.E. between Seventh Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
- Fifth Street S.E. between Seventh Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
- Ninth Avenue S.E. between Eighth Street S.E. and Third Street S.E.
So, if you want to avoid wasting time at that time then you should stay off these roads and take detours. The parade will be running from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m on the following roads:
- Westbound Sixth Avenue from Third Street S.E. to 11th Street S.W.
- 10th Street S.W. from Sixth Avenue S.W. to Ninth Avenue S.W.
- Fourth Street S.E. between Sixth Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
- Eastbound Ninth Avenue from 11th Street S.W. to Third Street S.E.
- The morning connector from Bow Trail to westbound Fifth Avenue S.W. will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. only
- Third Street S.E. between Fourth Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
There are some alternative routes that are available downtown. This may be of some help so you can note them down.
- Motorbike riders are requested to add to use Fifth Avenue or 12th Avenue to bypass the closures.
- Motorbike riders are requested to use Blackfoot Trail, Stoney Trail, Crowchild Trail, 16th Avenue, and Deerfoot Trail as alternate routes into downtown.
- Eastbound traffic on Ninth Avenue will be directed to 11th Street S.W.
The Calgary Transit trains will be running at their usual time and all the stations downtown are going to be blocked with one block of the route.