In India, there are two concepts of marriage Arrange marriage and love marriage. And the question arises which one will stand better? The main thing which everyone needs to understand is it’s not about ‘how we meet,’ it’s all about ‘whom we meet.’ Our elders believed in Arrange Marriages, but our generation seems to be a bit skeptical.
Fans are always eager to know about the love life of their favorite celebrity couples. Fans are eager to know how and where did the stars meet and what made them get married to each other. Here we bring you to a few love stories which began after their arranged marriage. These Bollywood stars who introduced to their better halves courtesy their parents or siblings.
Let’s start to know more:
- Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput: This Jodi is an inspiration for all. The cutest Jodi of Bollywood. Yes, Shahid Kapoor, the ‘chocolate boy’ who has made many girls fall for him. This handsome hunk got hitched in a traditional arranged marriage way. Shahid Kapoor had dated many actresses like Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, and Amrita Singh. The actor married to a non-celebrity on 7 July 2015. Shahid and Mira met through the religious group, Radha Soami Satsang Beas. Both Shahid and his father Pankaj Kapoor are followers of the religious group. Mira Rajput was a family friend, and the two met on a few occasions. It was Pankaj Kapoor who put efforts in making this match happen. So, Shahid Kapoor decided to take things forward with her. And now the couples are blessed with two kids, daughter Misa Kapoor, and son Zain Kapoor.
2. Madhuri Dixit and Dr. Shriram Nene: Madhuri Dixit, the diva of Bollywood. She married to a heart surgeon to whom her brother Ajit Dixit introduced her. After her breakup with Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri took a small break in 1999, to visit her brother in the USA. She got married on 17 October 1999. After their marriage, Dr. Nene took her away from Bollywood for quite a while. The couple had two sons, Arin and Rayaan. She returned to Bollywood with Aja Nachle, and she is now well-settled in Mumbai with her family.
3. Raj Kapoor and Krishna Raj Kapoor: Raj Kapoor, the ultimate showman of Bollywood and son of Prithviraj Kapoor. Raj Kapoor too had an arrange marriage and that at the age of 22. Though Raj Kapoor and Nargis had perfect chemistry on screen and off screen, Raj Kapoor never left his wife. Krishna Raj Kapoor was Prithvi Raj Kapoor’s maternal uncle’s daughter. Raj Kapoor revealed in the book Kapoors: The First Family Of Indian Cinema by Madhu Jain, he said, ” Mine was the only arranged marriage among us brothers. Krishna is my ‘bua,’ my father’s second cousin.
4. Neil Nitin Mukesh and Rukmini: Neil is a son and grandson of singers Nitin Mukesh and Mukesh. Neil also chose the arrange marriage path. He married to Rukmini Sahay in a traditional Hindu wedding organized by the family elders. He walked down the aisle on 9 February 2017, in a destination wedding in Udaipur. The wedding ceremony was then followed by a lavish reception party on February 17, 2017, at J W Marriott in Juhu. The couple looked stunning in their royal wedding look. Neil thought that nothing is shocking about his arranged marriage, and he said in an interview, “Nothing is shocking about it. Sometimes we overlook things which our parents don’t, and it’s coming together of two families. And when you look into detailing, it makes more sense. It’s a strong foundation.
5. Govinda and Sunita: Govinda, who is famous for making the country dance in his style, also had an arranged marriage. Sunita was Govinda’s mother choice. In an article written by Anupama Chopra, ‘The Lovable Hero,’ Govinda revealed that he considers his marriage to be love cum arranged. He also said ‘I came home one day from shooting and my mother asked it’s high time I got married. Sunita and I were married the next morning at 4:30 a.m