Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine and a key component of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in which the needles inserted into the body. It has been practiced for roughly 3000 years in china. In acupuncture, acupuncturists stimulate specific activation points on your body to treat different medicinal conditions. Acupuncture is done by inserting tiny, sterile needles into those points. In the long run, regular acupuncture can also fight obesity. Modern acupuncture is becoming more and more popular to treat a variety of health conditions. This treatment recognized as effective in treating more than 100 conditions. These conditions include several issues like chronic pain, migraine headaches, and diabetes.
Benefits of Acupuncture in Diabetes:
- Lowers blood sugar level: Acupuncture regulates cortisol, which is a hormone signaling the body to feel stressed. Practitioners of acupuncture treatment for diabetes believe that the hormone reaction triggered by acupuncture can help balance the parts of the body that aren’t able to regulate sugar level on their own. They do this without the risk of harmful side effects, such as those of some pharmaceutical treatments.
- Reduce insulin resistance: Electro-acupuncture reduces insulin resistance. It is an important finding because of insulin resistance leads to higher blood pressure and cholesterol in addition to raising glucose levels. Electro-acupuncture is the most commonly used form of acupuncture, where needles inserted into the trigger points and then a low-frequency electrical variation is passed from one needle to another, which then helps to fight insulin resistance and sensitivity.
- Clean out blocked arteries: Two recent Chinese studies found that acupuncture helped heal arteries blocked by fat deposits (atherosclerosis), a major problem in diabetes. This process is done through wrist-ankle treatment, which focuses on deep stimulation of the trigger points. When the blocked arteries get cleaned the quality of life gets improved.
Acupuncture also helps in improving these five bodily functions:
- Manages and better the production levels of essential hormones in the body, such as insulin, glucocorticoid, epinephrine, and melatonin.
- Improves insulin resistance
- Protect the pancreas and stop the level increase insulin production.
- Improve blood glucose levels in a diabetic patient.
- Help regular weight gain and manage it better.
Side Effects and Risk: Acupuncture is generally very safe. In the initial days of the treatment, there may be a mild headache or emotional changes. Many practitioners consider this as a sign of healing.