Sometimes we try and try again to lose stubborn weight, and it is just difficult. Being overweight can cause many health issues. Now the question arises, Is weight loss all about counting calories? If, yes then you need to rethink. Keeping a track of your calorie intake is very essential when you are trying to shed kilos, but they are not only the numbers that actually matter to reach the goal. There are a few other things which one need to take care of to come to a good shape. Reducing weight needs dedication and strength to reach your goal.
Here are 6 things that you need to take care while reducing weight:
- Intake of water: Proper water intake is important to shed kilos. Water is considered as the best medicine for every disease. The more you drink water you will get the best results. Water not only keeps you hydrated but also trick your mind into thinking you are full and eventually makes you eat less. You should make a habit of drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. It helps to boost your metabolism, cleanse your body waste and act as an appetite suppressant.
- The number of hours you sleep: Sleep is a very essential part of your routine. Sound sleep for 7 to 8 hours is essential for weight loss. Sleeplessness makes you feel tired and in turn, it craves you to eat unhealthy food at night. Sleeping late for one or two night can make you feel fuzzy and moody the other day. A recent study from Northwestern Medicine found the late sleepers consumed 248 more calories a day, mainly at dinner and later in the evening.
- Sitting jobs make harder to lose weight easily: How many hours you stand up? Many people have sitting jobs and it makes harder for them to lose weight. The reason is that you are glued to your seat most of the time and the moment you reach home you feel exhausted and you prefer to lie down or simply crash in front of the television. Sitting down for hours slows down your metabolism process and increases one’s chance of developing cardiovascular diseases. Studies have found that working out or standing for a few hours help you burn some calories and accelerate the weight loss process.
Also Read: See How Diet Plan Can Make You Lose Weight
- A glass of alcohol you drink: Drinking alcohol is another issue for reducing weight. Drinking alcohol a single night may be enough to ruin your weight loss goals. It can sabotage your weight loss goals. When you drink your body is more focused on breaking down alcohol rather than burning fat. Not only does alcohol lower your inhibitions about the food choices you make, but it also increases your appetite.
- Your screening time: In this digital era, it is really difficult to ignore mobile phones, tablets or laptops. Staring all day at the blue light can be very dangerous for your health. Screen time can also increase exposure to the marketing of foods and drinks that promote weight gain. Screen themselves don’t contribute to weight gain, but increased screen time is a marker of an overall inactive lifestyle. Screening can be avoidable at home if you restrict yourself from using it. Studies suggest that spending too much time in front of the television can increase your stress level, cause sleep disorders and increase the symptoms of depression. All these side- effects can have a negative impact on your body weight.
Planning to reduce weight will change your life. It won’t happen at all once. Stick to your healthy lifestyle and the results will be worth it.