There is no magic pill that will melt excess weight away. Some people try to lose weight using natural methods and feel that there are not many options; here are some herbs that can help you in your quest to reach a healthy weight. Some herbs are mild diuretics and work by reducing water weight, while others have a thermogenic effect and increase metabolism. A few can even reduce your feeling of hunger. Like anything else, herbs must be appropriately used to have the desired outcome while minimizing the risks of unwanted side effects. Used with care and in conjunction with a healthy diet, these herbs can help you lose weight safely and more efficiently. These herbs can help in restoring hormonal balance, improving digestion, relieving gas, and boost weight loss. And we are not talking about those fancy herbs but the staple ones that are readily available in our kitchens.
Here are 7 Naturally Fat Burning Herbs:
- Peppermint: From chutneys to raitas, to mojitos and mint, peppermint’s refreshing goodness can pretty much lift the taste of anything. Beyond flavoring our foods and beverages, peppermint or pudina has been regarded very highly by Ayurveda for its immense medicinal benefits. It can enhance the taste of so many regular foods. But peppermint also has appetite-suppressing property, which makes you feel less hungry when you consume. Less cravings mean you will consume fewer calories and which in turn will aid weight loss.
(i)Peppermint has been found to ease digestion
(ii) Boost your metabolism
(iii) And the herb is adequately low in calories.
- Rosemary: An evergreen shrub native to the Mediterranean region, rosemary is a spice used in several ethnic cuisines. It has been used for hundreds of years for its medicinal qualities, and one of the most popular ways of using it is as tea. Rosemary is full of antioxidants, which have anti-inflammatory properties. These antioxidants prevent the free radical damage and lower your blood sugar level. When combined, all the features make rosemary a perfect herb for aiding weight loss. It can also help in protecting you against several metabolic disorders. The carnosic acid in rosemary has been found to have anti-obesity potential.
(i) Treat Alzheimer’s and related disorders
(ii) Cures Cancer
(iii) Helps in gradual weight loss.
- Oregano: Oregano is a perennial herb that belongs to the same plant family as mint, basil, thyme, rosemary, and sage. It contains carvacrol, a powerful compound that may help boost weight loss. Herb is a rich source of bioactive compounds like polyphenol and flavonoids. Both these enzymes are essential for insulin function-they impact the secretion as well as its activity in the body. Studies have found that Mexican and marjoram oregano is excellent for managing diabetes. High metabolism and better sugar regulation can make it easier to maintain weight. Oregano can also ease constipation and reduce constipation. It also gets your bile juices flowing and thereby aids digestion.
(i) Have anti-cancer properties,
(ii) May help in reducing Viral infection,
(iii) Easy to add to your diet
- Parsley: Parsley can be a great ally in your weight loss efforts. It is a natural diuretic, which can help in getting rid of water retention and ease bloating. The fiber content in parsley is also high, which makes it a perfect weight loss help. Eugenol- an oil in parsley lowers blood sugar level and has the potential to treat hyperglycemia. Thus, parsley is excellent for weight management, especially for people suffering from diabetes.
(i) Improve immune function,
(ii) Beat inflammation,
(iii) Protect your blood vessels.
- Spearmint: Spearmint contains vitamins, antioxidants, and vital nutrients. Its aroma is very similar to that of peppermint. It contains less menthol than peppermint, but it is rich in limonene, dihydrovarvone, and cineol. It has a sweeter taste than peppermint. If you are suffering from weight issues that are a result of some hormonal imbalance like PCOS and PCOD, spearmint can help you. Spearmint can help by boosting the estrogen level. Low estrogen levels have been related to menopausal weight gain. By restoring the hormonal balance, spearmint can help in shedding those extra kilos, especially in women.
(i) Reduce fair hair in Women
(ii) Improve Memory
(iii) Lower Blood Sugar level and Reduce Stress